CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
At Ralli Solicitors, we want to play our part in making a difference; making a difference to our people, clients and the communities within which we live and work. We also want to make sure that our impact on the environment is positive which is why we are committed to looking at ways the firm’s impact can be reduced.
We work hard to:
- improve our environmental performance and carbon footprint through the implementation of environmentally friendly policies and processes
- comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- encourage dialogue and engagement with local communities, groups and projects for mutual benefit
- support local and national charities and worthwhile causes that our people are passionate about
- provide a safe, rewarding and fulfilling work environment for our employees
- positively contribute to the labour market in our local community
- review and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance.
We recognise the importance of protecting the environment and are fully committed to reducing the effects that our business activities have.
Here are some of the things we’ve done to minimise our impact on the environment:
- All paper waste is disposed of confidentially, via a contractor, it is shredded and then recycled.
- Disposable items including bulbs, batteries, printer cartridges are recycled.
- Our lights switch off automatically, saving energy.
- Air conditioning equipment is regularly serviced to improve performance and reduce energy consumption.
- Staff are encouraged to only print when necessary and to print on both sides for multi-page documents.
- All computers go into sleep mode after 20 minutes and turn off after 4 hours.
- Photocopiers go into hibernation mode after 15 minutes out of use.
- We’re continuously investing in energy efficient technologies.
- We’re moving towards creating a paperless office.
- Business travel is reduced through teleconferencing and video conferencing.
- We use local suppliers where possible and we encourage our staff to lift share, or use public transport.
- When choosing new equipment, we will consider their environmental credentials as part of the specification process.
Community and Charity
We use our skills and expertise to help make a positive contribution to our local communities in Sale, Altrincham, Trafford and Manchester by:
- working with and supporting local and national charities – we are proud to be a corporate member of Headway and our Managing Director, Martin Coyne, is a Trustee of BASIC (Brain and Spinal Injury Centre)
- encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- supporting local networking events – we are proud members of the Altrincham and Sale Chamber of Commerce
- engaging in pro bono work to support initiatives, organisations and people that might not otherwise be able to get the legal advice they need.
We believe that a strong link to the community will positively affect the future growth of the firm.
At Ralli Solicitors, we are passionate about fundraising and participating in charitable events and awareness days – getting involved in both local and national initiatives. Whether it is baking, running, cycling or dressing up, we commit our time and energy to raising money for charitable causes.
Many of our employees also support charities to which they have a personal connection. They devote significant amounts of time and through sponsorship have raised much needed funds for a number of worthy causes. We encourage staff to promote the fundraising or charity work they do within the firm and we recognise their achievements via the website, our staff intranet and social media channels.
Here are some examples:
- We supported the annual Action for Brain Injury Week in May 2015, raising over £1,000 and donating almost 10 bags of clothing to our local Headway Charity Shop in Sale.
- Ralli Solicitors took part in the Tough Mudder challenge in support of the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation in August 2014.
- We regularly make generous gift aid donations to national and local charities that are close to our hearts, including BASIC (Brain and Spinal Injuries Centre), The Royal Marsden, The Christie, and Francis House Children’s Hospice to name a few.
- We successfully sponsored and hosted the annual Melanoma UK charity ball for a number of years.
We are continually working to support and develop the people who work at Ralli Solicitors.
We value our employees and support them by:
- a commitment to training, learning and development
- open communication and consultation
- promoting work-life balance through part-time and flexible working arrangements
- embracing equality and diversity
- promoting equal opportunities
- competitive pay and benefits.