SUPERMARKET AND SHOPPING ACCIDENT CLAIMS
If you’ve had a slip, trip or fall at a supermarket, shopping centre or shop, you could make a claim for compensation. Please call our friendly personal injury solicitors for a free consultation to discuss your potential claim on 0161 207 2020, or start your claim online and we will call you.
Every day millions of people visit supermarkets, shopping centres and shops. For most of us the experience is usually pain free, however, on occasions accidents can happen. If you think that your accident may be the result of someone else’s negligence, it is likely that you will be able to make a claim for compensation.
Our solicitors can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your supermarket or shopping injury.
How We Can Help You Claim Compensation For Supermarket And Shopping Accidents
Our expert Personal Injury Team has helped many clients to claim compensation after accidents in shops, supermarkets and shopping centres, including:
- tripping hazards – boxes, stock cages, loose merchandise or packaging, mats and products left in the aisles
- falling objects – over stacked or uneven shelves, poorly built displays or falling signage
- slipping injuries – product spillages, wet floors, unsafe surfaces, leaks
- faulty equipment – shopping trolleys, escalator and lift accidents, slips and trips in the car park
- unsafe facilities – falls down unmarked stairs, slips or trips in the car park of the supermarket, shop or shopping centre, poorly maintained toilets, changing rooms or baby changing facilities or manual handling injuries sustained by shop workers.
These accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries ranging from cuts and bruises through to serious injuries such as broken bones. In some cases these can result in a lifelong disability.
The physical, emotional and financial consequences of these injuries can be devastating for you and your family.
Under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, owners of supermarkets, shopping centres and shops have a duty of care to take reasonable steps to make sure you’re safe whilst you’re shopping with them. This act provides protection for customers on the premises of the occupier whether it’s inside the shop, in the car park or in the surrounding area. Should they fail this duty of care and you are injured as a result, you are likely to have a strong claim for compensation. In order for a compensation claim for personal injury to be successful, we would need to show that they have failed in this duty.
Thank you Tracey Horton and your staff at Ralli Solicitors. Your response to the Defendant’s arguments were 100% in achieving their admitted liability of negligence.
Mr Holland, Rugby – August 2015
What To Do If You Have An Accident In A Supermarket, Shopping Centre Or Shop
In order to build a strong case to show that your accident was a result of their failings, please take the following steps:
- Report the accident to the supermarket, shopping centre or shop manager and ensure that an accident book entry is completed by the supermarket, shopping centre or shop manager. If you have already left the supermarket, shopping centre or shop and the matter has not been reported, please contact the shop or centre concerned and ask that an accident record is made.
- Visit a doctor or other medical professional as soon as possible about your injury.
- Take the details of any witnesses who may have seen what happened and confirm that they would be happy for us to contact them if necessary.
- Obtain the name and address of the supermarket, shopping centre or shop where the accident occurred.
- Retain the receipt for any items you purchased in the supermarket, shopping centre or shop so you have a record of your visit. You should also keep receipts for any expenses you believe you have incurred as a result of the accident, such as travelling to medical appointments and the cost of treatment. If you need to take time off work and suffer a loss of earnings, you should also keep a record of this.
- Contact our team of experts on 0161 207 2020.
We understand that in the moments after an accident you may not have the presence of mind to think about carrying out these actions. Please don’t worry, we will fully investigate the accident for you and still help you to make a supermarket or shopping centre claim.
Any compensation claim will take into account any loss of earnings and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident, and your pain and suffering. Our experience means that our team of experts will make sure that your compensation settlement fully reflects your injuries. Depending upon the seriousness of your injuries, we may also be able to retrieve some of your compensation early to alleviate you from the financial burdens you face.
Our aim is to help you overcome the injuries and difficulties you face, by pursuing those responsible so that you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries and subsequent losses.
How To Make A Supermarket Or Shopping Centre Compensation Claim
We understand that if you are unfamiliar with the law, you may find making a supermarket or shopping centre claim a daunting process. We will do everything we can to make the process as simple and stress free as possible, including keeping you informed at every stage of the claims process leaving you to concentrate on your recovery.
There are strict time limits for starting a personal injury compensation claim, which in most cases will be within three years of the date of the accident or date of knowledge of the negligence. This can, in exceptional circumstances, be extended, but it is always best to speak to our team of friendly personal injury solicitors to get the best advice possible from the outset.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have sustained injury in a supermarket, shopping centre or shop, please call our expert personal injury solicitors to arrange a free consultation on 0161 207 2020 or contact us online using our dedicated claim form.
Once you have provided all the details an experienced solicitor will carry out further investigations and contact the supermarket, shop or shopping centre on your behalf. We will arrange for you to be independently medically examined so that you receive the best possible treatment, care and support to aid your recovery.