HOLIDAY ILLNESS COMPENSATION CLAIMS
Please call our holiday claim solicitors for a free consultation if you or your family have suffered food poisoning or illness whilst on holiday. Please call 0161 207 2020, request a callback, or start your claim online and we will call you back as soon as possible.
Falling ill whilst on holiday can be distressing, as you miss out on the enjoyment you’ve been looking forward to all year round, additionally the illness could leave you with long term health problems and expensive medical bills.
If you fall ill on holiday and you believe that this is as a result of someone else’s fault then you may be able to claim holiday compensation.
How We Can Help You Claim Compensation For Your Holiday Illness
If you’re thinking of making a claim after suffering from an illness abroad, it’s important to speak with a specialist lawyer with expertise in this field who has experience of international law.
Our specialist team of holiday claim solicitors have helped thousands of holidaymakers successfully make a claim after being taken ill in holiday destinations all over the world.
Our experience in holiday illness claims means we have an in-depth understanding of the kinds of illnesses people suffer whilst on holiday. Common causes for illness may include:
- food being served luke-warm – a breeding ground for bacteria such as salmonella
- food not being cooked thoroughly
- food that has been reheated or left standing for far too long
- flies and insects contaminating food
- birds and other animals being permitted to contaminate food service areas
- infected or ill food handlers touching and preparing food
- ice which has not been prepared using filtered water
- salads and fruit washed in tap water – which may lead to infections such as E-Coli
- dirty swimming pools which may contain parasites such as cryptosporidium which are resistant to chlorine
- poor public toilet conditions which may contain bacteria.
Ralli Solicitors were helpful and informative. I felt listened to.
Mr Smith, London – April 2015
What To Do If You Suffer An Illness Or Sickness Whilst On Holiday
If you suffer an illness or sickness whilst on holiday, taking the following steps will help us to help you:
- If possible, take samples of the food you think caused your illness.
- Try and find out if other guests have had a similar experience to you and if so, get their contact details.
- Take photographs or video footage to prove poor hygiene practices by members of staff or other potential hazards.
- Try to keep a food diary and make a note of what food and drink you have eaten, and from where, in the days before you became ill. Try to do this as soon as you contract the illness, as it will be much easier than trying to remember after you have returned home.
- Report your illness to the hotel, restaurant staff or tour operator, and ask for written confirmation of your complaint.
- Take cotton bud swabs of the surfaces in your room and seal in a plastic bag for later analysis.
- Seek medical advice where necessary. It’s best to keep any documentation and receipts for any out of the pocket expenses or medication related to your symptoms.
You may think that seeking compensation after sickness or illness on holiday will mean you need to make a claim in a foreign country. While this may be true for some cases, most claims are made in the UK, particularly if you were on a package holiday.
We understand that being ill whilst on holiday can not only ruin your vacation, but can also have long lasting consequences for your own personal health and wellbeing. Our holiday claim solicitors will work with you to help you to recover the maximum amount of compensation, taking into account the pain and suffering you have endured during and after your holiday, the loss of enjoyment of your holiday, lost earnings, medical costs and other losses and expenses caused by your sickness or illness.
Wherever your claim occurred, our holiday claim solicitors will aim to recover the maximum amount of compensation you are rightfully entitled to which may prevent other holidaymakers from having similar experiences to you.
How To Claim Holiday Illness Compensation
If you or a member of your family has suffered an illness whilst abroad, and you would like to seek compensation, please call our holiday claim solicitors for a free consultation on 0161 207 2020.
Time limits apply to holiday illness compensation claims, and those time limits vary from country to country. Therefore it’s important that you seek legal advice from an experienced solicitors as soon as possible.
Following the consultation, our team will support you at every stage of your claim, ensuring that you fully understand your case from start to finish. We will take the worry and hassle out of your claim giving you the time and financial support you need to make a full recovery.