SLIPS, TRIPS AND FALL COMPENSATION CLAIMS
We can help if you’ve been injured in a slip, trip or fall because of someone else’s negligence. Please call our friendly personal injury solicitors for a free consultation to discuss your potential claim on 0161 207 2020, or start your claim online and we will call you as soon as possible.
Slips, trips and falls are amongst some of the most common causes of personal injury. We understand slips, trips and falls can be embarrassing, painful and sometimes cause injuries that can stay with you for a very long time. If you’ve fallen because of anything from uneven paving to a supermarket spillage, we might be able to help you get compensation.
Our specialist team of personal injury solicitors will use their expertise and experience to help you make a successful claim.
How We Can Help You Claim Compensation For A Slip, Trip Or Fall Injury
Our specialist personal injury solicitors have years of experience in slip, trip and fall claims. Examples of claims and compensation successfully pursued by Ralli Solicitors include:
- slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- injuries caused by slipping on wet floors or spillages in public places e.g. a supermarket
- falls caused by defects in the road or unexpected obstacles in public places e.g. unattended boxes.
Slips, trips or falls can happen very easily, but some accidents can cause serious, life changing injuries. These can include anything from bruising, whiplash, torn muscles, broken bones or even more serious injuries such as head, brain or spinal injuries. These injuries can have a devastating effect on your life, forcing you to take time off work, leaving you with limited mobility or the need to undergo intensive medical treatment.
Who’s Responsible For Your Slip, Trip Or Fall Injury?
The first thing we’ll do when looking into your slip, trip or fall claim is to find out who was responsible for your accident. You’ll find the party at fault is whoever holds responsibility for where the accident took place. For incidents in public spaces, the local council is usually at fault because it’s the council’s responsibility to ensure pavements, steps and walkways are safe to use. Indoors, on commercial premises such as supermarkets, shopping centres, shops, restaurants or in the workplace, the owner or occupiers have a duty to make sure you are kept safe. If we can prove that your accident was caused by them failing in that duty, we should be able to present a strong case for you.
Very pleased with the speedy and efficient outcome of the case and settlement. Thank you
Mr King, Blackpool – November 2015
Action To Take After A Slip, Trip Or Fall Injury
In order to help us build your case, please take the following steps:
- If the accident happened at work or in a public place, make sure you report it to a manager, staff member or owner and ensure they write it down in their accident book.
- Write down the name and contact details of witnesses who saw the accident happen or saw the defect and confirm that they would be happy for us to contact them if necessary.
- Obtain the name and address of the location where the accident occurred.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident and anything else that may be significant (the object you tripped over, for example) including pictures of your injuries, if they are visible, and take further pictures if they worsen.
- If you are intending to claim expenses such as prescription costs and travelling expenses, as part of your slip, trip or fall compensation claim, remember to keep receipts as evidence.
- Seek the right medical attention as soon as possible about your injury.
- Contact our friendly team of experts on 0161 207 2020.
Sometimes slips, trips and falls happen so quickly that it is hard to remember exactly what happened. Even if you think that you do not have enough information to make a claim, don’t worry, call our specialist solicitors and they will investigate all of the details of your case.
Making a compensation claim can help secure the medical care and treatment you need to get past the pain and physical difficulties you are experiencing and provide the financial stability you need to cover lost earnings and other expenses. Where it’s appropriate we may even be able to recover some of your compensation early, to help you pay for your bills and/or private medical care.
Our aim is to help you obtain both compensation and justice, whilst ensuring no one else gets injured by any defect.
How To Make A Slip, Trip Or Fall Compensation Claim
There are strict time limits for starting a slip, trip or fall compensation claim, which in most cases will be within three years of the date of the accident or date of knowledge of the negligence. This can, in exceptional circumstances, be extended, but it is always best to speak to our team of friendly personal injury solicitors to get the best advice possible from the outset.
Our experience means that we can make your claim straightforward and stress free, leaving you with the valuable time you need to make a full recovery.
If you have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall, please get in touch with Ralli Solicitors. Please call our experts to arrange a free consultation on 0161 207 2020 or contact us online using our dedicated claims form.
During our initial assessment, we will talk you through the claims process and assess the impact the injury has had on your life. We will arrange for you to be independently medically examined so that you can receive the best possible treatment, care and support to help your recovery. Your case will then be managed on a no win no fee basis by one of our specialist personal injury solicitors, who will negotiate with the other side or litigate (sue) to secure a fair compensation settlement for you as soon as possible.