Maria is an Associate Solicitor in the Personal Injury Team at Ralli Solicitors. Over the last 12 years Maria has specialised in all types of personal injury cases – including those arising from road traffic accidents, accidents at work (employers’ liability), accidents in public places or areas (occupiers’ liability and public liability), serious injuries and criminal injuries. Maria provides the highest possible standard of representation for her clients from the outset of their claim to its conclusion.
Maria qualified as a solicitor at a small personal injury practice in Altrincham in 2005. Upon qualification she joined Ralli Solicitors as a solicitor in February 2007 and became an Associate Solicitor in 2010.
- Accidents at work
- Accidents in public places or areas
- Road traffic accidents
- Serious injury, including acquired brain injury
- Criminal injuries
Education, professional qualifications and memberships
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Why did you join Ralli Solicitors?
I wanted to broaden my experience and Ralli Solicitors, or Betesh Fox as it was then, seemed to be the right place for me.
Who inspires you?
My family, friends and colleagues inspire me every day; especially my son.
Key cases or achievements
- Being promoted to an Associate Solicitor in 2010 was a key moment for me and showed me that hard work really is noted at Ralli Solicitors.
- I worked extensively on Yetkin v Mahmood and one other case which set a precedent regarding the responsibilities of local authorities. Securing compensation for the client, who sustained significant injury was extremely rewarding.
- I have personally handled cases involving acquired brain injury and other life changing injuries. For me, one of the most challenging cases involved medical negligence, with a settlement award finally achieved in the sum of £1 million.
Describe yourself in three words
Approachable, genuine and caring.
Hobbies and interests
Outside work I enjoy running and raising money for charities close to my heart. I have completed many 10k runs and also, with the aid of my colleagues, completed Tough Mudder in 2014; raising over £2,000 for The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation. I also love reading and spending time with my family and friends.