If you have been involved in a car accident but are worried that the other driver is uninsured, please contact us at Ralli Solicitors for a free no win no fee consultation on 0161 207 2020, and we will help you through the process of bringing a claim.

Many people fear that if a driver is uninsured, untraced or if they left the scene after the accident then this means that there is no means of recovering compensation for financial loss or injuries arising from that accident. However, we can help you with these compensation claims and ensure that you do recover what you are entitled to.

A traffic jam with rows of cars

How We Can Help You Make A Claim Against An Uninsured And/or Untraced Driver

The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) was established to provide a claims fund for accidents caused by uninsured motorist or victims of hit and run road traffic accidents. They will pay compensation, provided you can show proof that you have made every effort possible to trace the driver and recover compensation from them.

Because claiming compensation for a car accident where the other driver is untraced or uninsured can be complicated, you should hire a road traffic accident solicitor who specialises in uninsured and untraced driver compensation claims. Our team of road traffic accident solicitors handle hundreds of claims like this. We can guide you through making a claim to the MIB and take you through the particular processes that apply. There are strict rules which need to be followed when making a claim to the MIB, so it is vital that you have specialist solicitor advice to avoid any pitfalls.

What To Do After An Accident Involving An Uninsured Or Untraced Driver

If you are not putting yourself at any extra risk and it is safe to do so, then there are some things you can do after an accident involving an uninsured or untraced driver that might help to make any subsequent compensation claim more straightforward and successful:

  • Make a note of the details of other vehicles involved in the accident, including the make, model and registration number.
  • If the other driver or drivers talk to you, remember or note down what they say, including their name and address if mentioned.
  • If it is safe to do so, taking a picture of the accident on your camera phone can help to establish the road, weather and light conditions at the time as well as any road markings or tyre marks.
  • If there are any independent witnesses, their testimony could be very important to your compensation claim so it is important to take their details so that your solicitor can contact them at a later date.

Where a driver has left the scene of the accident or refuses to give you their insurance details, you must report the incident to the police within 14 days, so that they can attempt to trace the other driver. The police may not investigate the matter but always remember to obtain a reference number. Only after the police and your insurance company have tried to find the hit and run driver can you make a claim from the MIB.

Thank you Ralli Solicitors for a fast and efficient, friendly service. There were issues in tracing the driver and with the MIB but you managed to get an excellent result for me. Would definitely use your services again and recommend you to others.

Mrs Harris, Oldham – October 2015

Our expert road traffic accident solicitors liaise with the MIB on a regular basis, so understand what information is needed to pursue a successful claim. We understand the additional sense of frustration and injustice these types of claims create, without having to worry about the possibility of losing your no claims bonus or having your insurance premiums raised. We will do our best to secure the best possible outcome for you.

As with any car accident claim, we will still gather all the necessary information to enable us to calculate and claim the losses that you have incurred and need to recover. We also obtain expert medical evidence on any injuries you have sustained.

How To Make A Claim Against An Uninsured And/or Untraced Driver

Please call us now on 0161 207 2020 for a free consultation, request a callback or start your claim online, and we’ll sort out your uninsured or untraced driver compensation claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, whilst you get on with your life.