HAIR AND BEAUTY COMPENSATION CLAIMS
If you have suffered because of the negligence of a hairdresser or beauty therapist, please get in touch with us today to discuss your situation with our team of friendly no win no fee lawyers. Please call us on 0161 207 2020 or start your claim online and we will call you.
The rise in popularity of hair and beauty treatments, including hair dyeing, body waxing, tattoos, eye brow shaping, laser treatment and permanent makeup, has led to an increase in injuries.
If you have been the victim of a hair or beauty treatment that has gone wrong, you may be able to make a claim for the injuries and subsequent psychological distress you have suffered.
Our specialist beauty treatment solicitors can provide you with the expertise and support you need to recover the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help You Claim Compensation For A Beauty Treatment That Has Gone Wrong
Our team of experts have extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of hair and beauty therapy compensation claims.
Types Of Hair And Beauty Injuries
Injuries can range from minor to severe burns that require long term treatment and care, some even causing permanent scarring. Below are just some of the injuries that our clients have sustained as a result of beauty treatments that have gone wrong:
- burns or skin damage from hot wax or laser treatment
- hair breakages or scalp damage from hair products or equipment used (e.g. hair dryers, straighteners and curling tongs)
- burns caused by hair dye, bleach or other chemicals
- hair loss and damage
- cuts from scissors, or during manicures or pedicures
- tanning injuries arising from misuse and uncontrolled tanning booths
- allergic reactions as a result of the chemicals used in treatments
- allergic reactions from products applied to your skin
- eye injuries as a result of misapplied eyelash extensions or eyelash dyeing treatments
- negligent semi-permanent makeup application
- bacterial infections
- tattoo injuries
- disfigurement from ear piercings.
This list is not exhaustive and if you have had a problem with a hair or beauty treatment, you should talk to us by calling our friendly team on 0161 207 2020.
Causes Of Hair And Beauty Injuries
There are many different types of hair and beauty treatments available, but unfortunately the practice of undertaking beauty treatments is widely unregulated, and some practitioners are not trained properly to carry out the treatments they offer. This leaves the potential for accidents and injuries wide open. Given the fact that these treatments often involve potentially dangerous chemicals, it’s very important that they are handled correctly and the customer is told of the potential risks, as the consequences can be devastating.
Before a treatment is started, the hairdresser or beautician should:
- provide you with all the relevant information about your procedure
- advise you of any possible side effects or risks your treatment may have
- ensure you are informed about the products and tools they are using before you consent to treatment
- perform a patch test to check for sensitivity to chemicals used in the treatment.
If errors on the part of your beauty therapist have left you injured, you may be able to make a claim for compensation and we will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Amanda Hatton has been excellent – always available (or returning calls quickly), very helpful and good to deal with.
Mr Harwood, Essex, May 2014
What To Do If You’ve Been Injured Having A Hair Or Beauty Treatment
To support your hair or beauty treatment compensation claim, you will need to provide as much proof as you can.
- Make sure that you report the accident to the appropriate authority (and ensure that they make a record of your accident).
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Where possible take photographs of your injuries.
We fully understand that the compensation recovered will not make your injuries disappear or make up for the emotional distress you have undoubtedly endured. What we can do is ensure you get compensated for:
- any physical damage – skin burns, allergic reactions, ruined hair/alopecia, infections, cuts, permanent scars, disfigurement
- emotional damage – loss of confidence and emotional upset
- pain and suffering
- damage to clothing or property
- out of pocket expenses – loss of earnings, prescription charges and travel expenses.
If you have needed help from family and friends around the house, with day to day chores or if they have had to provide you with personal care, you can claim for their time too.
If your injuries are serious, you may need long term care and treatment. Your compensation award can ensure that this is not an issue, giving you much needed peace of mind.
We aim to get you compensated for your loss of earnings, help you rebuild your life and start enjoying yourself again, in the hope that safety and training within the industry will improve.
How To Make A Hair Or Beauty Treatment Compensation Claim
Whatever you have been through, our friendly and professional beauty treatment solicitors will take the time to listen and understand your situation, before giving sympathetic, straightforward advice on a no win no fee basis.
There are strict time limits for starting a hair or beauty injury compensation claim, which in most cases will be within three years of the date of the accident or date of knowledge of the negligence. This can, in exceptional circumstances, be extended, but it is always best to speak to our team of expert solicitors to get the best advice possible from the outset.
Get in touch with our team on 0161 207 2020 or fill in our online enquiry form and one of our specialist solicitors will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your situation in more depth in order to progress your beauty treatment compensation claim.